Who doesn’t love to wear matte lipstick? Especially when you find the right one that lasts all day! But I hate when lips can look all cracked & stick to dry areas. So here’s a quick post on how to prep your lips before lipstick application.
Do the first 2 steps BEFORE applying any makeup, so your lips get time to benefit from them.
- Exfoliate your lips. There are 2 ways to do this 1) use a lip scrub or 2) wet your lips with water, dampen a tooth brush & lightly brush your lips for about 20 seconds. Either way, this will remove dry skin on your lips.
- Apply the likes of a lip balm to give your lips some moisture.
- Apply makeup now.
- When makeup is applied, now we start on lips.
- Apply lipliner, a colour the same as lipstick or one shade lighter/darker.
- Apply matte lipstick with applicator included or use a lip brush. I prefer a lip brush, as it gets right inside lip area without a mess.
- If lipstick not pigmented enough, apply a second layer, but no more then 2 coats. One layer is normally enough.
- Wait around 5 – 8 mins for lipstick to dry.
- You’re done 😄
Hope this post was helpful xx